Posted on 10/01/2020 at 12:00 PM by Sadye Scott-Hainchek

You may be among those who have recently become aware of a publisher called Europe Books (not to be confused with Europa).

If so — or actually, even if not — you’ll want to read Victoria Strauss’s post on it over at Writer Beware.

Strauss says the Europe Books website might look like that of a traditional publisher, but that there are a number of red flags that should inspire some sense of caution.

To see those warning signs in action and hopefully remember them so you can recognize them elsewhere, head over to the post on Writer Beware.

Related posts

Categories: Behind the scenes

Tagged As: Writer Beware

Comments
Hi Ted, yes, Writer Beware would say you're right to be concerned and would strongly recommend steering clear of this deal. Please read the Writer Beware post in full if you're even considering their offers (which, again, they advise against): https://accrispin.blogspot.com/2020/09/pay-to-play-alert-europe-books-europa.html
Sadye at Fussy | 01/29/2021 at 10:42 AM
I am a little confused. My book, "Song For Ireland" a historical novel of the famous rebellion against the /Crown, a 560 page epic, taking seven years to produce has become most attractive to Europe Books, also names itself Europa Edizioni, Roma, who say they represent all of Europe and now US. Like you mention, I am to buy 200 copies, which I know would sell in a day, my donation to be just under 6,000 Euro.. They name Pope Francis, Mr. Obama and some very important artists and composers. They email me at least once a week to push for a reply, in the name of their representative, Antonio Potenzo, editor.. My book was self published and is perfectly edited, covered and produced, won first prize in self published competition and was mentioned and I was interviewed on National radio, as a book for the eighty million diaspora in US, UK and beyond. Think am wasting my time with Europe or Europa. Book Clubs loved it. A Copy of "Song For Ireland" is in the county library of EMERY COUNTY, Utah USA and will be on it's way to White House, to Joe Biden, a Son Of Ireland".Sincerely Ted Emery.
Ted Emery | 01/28/2021 at 05:09 PM
いi also receivrd
Laxon bwansboza | 01/11/2021 at 01:04 PM
Hi Lisa, the upfront purchase of books is a major red flag for Writer Beware. A direct quote from them: "Writer Beware endorses self-publishing, which can be a good choice depending on your needs and goals--but we never recommend vanity publishing. We consider Europe Books a vanity publisher. If you want to discuss this more, or have other questions, feel free to email me: bweare@sfwa.org."
Sadye at Fussy | 01/06/2021 at 02:13 PM
Europe Books just sent me a publishing contract. It all sounds great but they want the author to buy the first 200 books, at 16.50 pounds each. Is this normal?
Lisa Corra | 01/06/2021 at 11:40 AM