Posted on 05/29/2018 at 08:59 AM by Sadye Scott-Hainchek

Patricia Cornwell, best known for her mysteries starring Dr. Kay Scarpetta, is launching a new series for the technological age.

The bestselling author will release Quantum in hardcover, Kindle, and audio editions in 2019.

In addition to the Scarpetta novels, Cornwell has developed two other series – one starring Detective Win Garano; the other, on reporter Andy Brazil – two cookbooks, a biography of Ruth Bell Graham (wife of evangelist Billy Graham), and, most recently, an examination of Jack the Ripper and the police force who couldn’t catch him.

You can also find her on CNN, for which she serves as a forensic consultant.

Read more about Cornwell and her work on her website.

Categories: Today in Books

Tagged As: Amazon, Mystery, Thriller

Comments
Please bring back the Scarpetta series!
Marti | 07/12/2020 at 06:46 PM
Love Kay and all the characters especially Marino.. Please continue writing Scarpetta series.. I can't get enough.Waiting and hoping. Please don't age them.
Gretchen Redish | 07/08/2020 at 09:48 PM
We like to know if you going to write anymore books When my sister was in the Air Force she bought some of your books and oher birthday or Christmas I buy the books for What is the last book you wrote
HeleneEibes | 07/07/2020 at 04:51 PM
Please continue the Kay Scarpetta series. I just finished the last book and feel like there is SO much more there to write about!!
Shannon Miller | 06/25/2020 at 11:12 PM
Like everybody else, please bring back the Scarpetta series. I love all the characters and loved every book in that series. Not interested in any of your other series. If you leave it any longer, people will lose interest. Please give people what they want and they will buy them. Why don't polititians and others give people what they want not what they want to give us. Big mistake. I've gone onto other novelists now.
Jenny | 06/23/2020 at 09:29 PM
I have read all your Kay Scarlett’s books at least 2 times. Please continue this series
Nancy Riley | 06/06/2020 at 06:17 PM
I have patiently waited for you to write a new Kay Scarpetta book. I agree with all the comments. Please, please write more Kay stories and I agree, do not keep aging the characters. Thank you.
Ellen Ransford | 06/01/2020 at 01:14 PM
WHERE IS KAY??? After releasing a new book every year on Scarpetta, now we are at 4 years since last release and what’s up? You wrote and released Quantum BUT I NEED KAY!!
Tonya Riddick | 05/24/2020 at 09:40 PM
There is no comparison to Doctor Scarpetta, and all her sidekicks. They’re bigger than life. I’ve read them all Your other books were okay. I mean no disrespect. Your one of the greatest authors. You should stay with what made you famous. One suggestion, please stop aging them. Other authors I admire aged the characters, realizes their mistake, and they stopped. It’s a mistake to continue to age, or mention their ages at this point of time. No one cares, and no one is interested in how old they are. You can write about Kay and all her sidekicks for future years to come.. My hope and wish is you bring Kay back.with all her inner circle. It’s a mistake not to.
Maureen Barrett | 05/20/2020 at 09:57 PM