Posted on 06/19/2019 at 12:15 PM by Sadye Scott-Hainchek
Amazon has released its picks for the best books of the first half of this year.
You can browse individual categories — such as memoirs, romance, sci-fi, young adult, and more — and editors also winnowed those to the best twenty, period.
Here are the top ten; you can view all of the best books of 2019 so far on Amazon.
1. City of Girls: A Novel, by Elizabeth Gilbert.
2. The Silent Patient, by Alex Michaelides.
5. The Night Tiger: A Novel, by Yangsze Choo.
6. Daisy Jones & The Six: A Novel, by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
7. Underland: A Deep Time Journey, by Robert Macfarlane.
8. The Unwinding of the Miracle: A Memoir of Life, Death, and Everything That Comes After, by Julie Yip-Williams.
9. Save Me the Plums: My Gourmet Memoir, by Ruth Reichl.
10. Cari Mora: A Novel, by Thomas Harris.
Categories: Today in Books