Posted on 09/29/2020 at 08:00 AM by Sadye Scott-Hainchek
The American Library Association kicked off Banned Books Week by sharing the decade’s most frequently challenged books.
The full list, which you can see on the ALA's website, comprises one hundred books from all eras (seriously … the Christian Bible is on it); below are the ten most frequently targeted books in schools and libraries from 2010-2019.
1. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie.
2. Captain Underpants (series), by Dav Pilkey.
3. Thirteen Reasons Why, by Jay Asher.
4. Looking for Alaska, by John Green.
5. George, by Alex Gino.
6. And Tango Makes Three, by Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell.
7. Drama, by Raina Telgemeier.
8. Fifty Shades of Grey, by E. L. James.
9. Internet Girls (series), by Lauren Myracle.
10. The Bluest Eye, by Toni Morrison.
Categories: Today in Books