Posted on 05/17/2022 at 12:00 PM by Sadye Scott-Hainchek

Newsweek shared information about a possible dream job for bookworms.

WordsRated, a research organization, is offering $200 to "bibliophiles-at-large" who are willing to read popular books and report back on certain characteristics in them.

There's no limit on the number of books that you can read, either, so long as you're able to provide the data that WordsRated is seeking.

Some examples of those requests: the number of characters by gender, the number of sentences given to male characters versus female ones, how many questions are asked during the book, and what animals appear, among others.

Choices will come off the New York Times bestseller list.

Go to wordsrated.com for information on getting started with this gig.

Related posts

Categories: Today in Books

Tagged As: Just for fun, Reading

Comments
Love to read!!
Amy Scofield | 05/23/2022 at 03:43 PM
Hi everyone! Fussy isn't the company hiring people to read -- WordsRated is the company doing so. Their website, linked to in the post, is at https://wordsrated.com/. Head there to find out more about getting started!
Sadye at Fussy | 05/23/2022 at 11:59 AM
I am a retired senior citizen who loves to read and can use the extra $
Diana Barrett | 05/23/2022 at 11:11 AM
Sounds like my dream job. I am quite interested in this possibility.
Joan Mejean | 05/23/2022 at 11:01 AM
I've been a reader my hole life and would love this challenge
michele Lynnette jones | 05/23/2022 at 10:03 AM
I love to read and devour several books a week. I am very interested.
Sari Palow | 05/23/2022 at 09:53 AM
Hi all! Fussy isn't the company hiring people to read -- WordsRated is the company doing so. Their website, linked to in the post, is at https://wordsrated.com/. Head there to find out more about getting started!
Sadye at Fussy | 05/23/2022 at 09:20 AM
Love reading!
Euna McGann | 05/23/2022 at 09:18 AM
I am an avid reader and would love to be considered for this.
Angela McNamara | 05/23/2022 at 09:06 AM
Extremely interested in this position. I am a voracious reader.
Jennifer Llewellyn | 05/23/2022 at 08:51 AM