Posted on 12/12/2014 at 12:00 AM by Jeffrey Bruner
English author Sophie Kinsella, the pen name of Madeleine Sophie Wickham, was born on this day in 1969. Kinsella wrote a number of novels before adopting her pen name and launching the bestselling "Shopaholic" series of novels in 2001. "Confessions of a Shopaholic" was her breakthrough novel and was adapted into a film in 2009.
- "What Matters in Jane Austen?" (John Mullan, nonfiction). $1.99. Nook.
- "Those Who Wish Me Dead" (Michael Koryta, thriller). $2.99. Kindle.
- The New York Times has picked its favorite book covers of the year.
- The BBC is going to adapt for television two of J.K. Rowling's crime novels, "The Cuckoo's Calling" and "The Silkworm."
- Hugh Howey has some tips on how to fix typos in your ebooks after they are already uploaded.
- The Digital Reader weighs in on whether Kindle Unlimited is hurting authors.