Posted on December 18, 2014 at 12:00 AM by Jeffrey Bruner
American author Alfred Bester was born on this day in 1913. His science fiction novel "The Demolished Man" won the first Hugo Award in 1953. The Science Fiction Writers of America named Bester its ninth Grand Master in 1988. He was inducted into the Science Fiction and Fantasy Hall of Fame in 2001.
“I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.” ― Jorge Luis Borges.
- "The Stupidest Angel" (Christopher Moore, humor) $1.99 Nook
- "Breath, Eyes Memory" (Edwidge Danticat, literary fiction) $2.99 Kindle
- Stephen Colbert interviews National Book Award winner Phil Klay.
- "Orange is the New Black" actress signs deal for memoir.
- The best feasts in children's literature.
There are no comments yet.