Posted on 07/14/2021 at 11:15 AM by Sadye Scott-Hainchek
July's nearly halfway over, so it's well past time to share the bestsellers for the first half of the year.
A caveat: While other bestseller lists include ebooks, Publishers Weekly has only included print titles.
These are the bestselling adult titles so far this year, but you can also browse the top children's and young-adult books at Publishers Weekly.
And the analytical-minded should also visit Literary Hub, which alerted us to this list, for a few topic trends that PW didn't mention in its summary.
1. The Four Winds, by Kristin Hannah.
2. The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse, by Charlie Mackesy.
3. The Hill We Climb, by Amanda Gorman.
4. Atomic Habits, by James Clear.
5. The Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruiz.
6. The Midnight Library, by Matt Haig.
7. Greenlights, by Matthew McConaughey.
8. The Song of Achilles, by Madeline Miller.
9. Where The Crawdads Sing, by Delia Owens.
10. The Women of the Bible Speak, by Shannon Bream.
11. Keep Sharp, by Sanjay Gupta.
12. The Body Keeps the Score, by Bessel van der Kolk.
13. A Promised Land, by Barack Obama.
14. Sooley, by John Grisham.
15. Untamed, by Glennon Doyle.
16. The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, by V.E. Schwab.
17. Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents, by Isabel Wilkerson.
18. 1984, by George Orwell.
19. Burn After Writing (Pink), by Sharon Jones.
20. Later, by Stephen King.
Categories: Today in Books